20 Best Christmas stocking fillers for runners
Struggling to find that perfect running gift this Christmas? Here’s fifteen excellent stocking filler ideas, from socks to running books and anti-chafe balm.
Choosing a gift for that runner in your life can be difficult, especially if they’ve already got the latest tech or pair of running shoes. However, choosing a gift that is small enough to fit in a stocking is even more of a challenge. To help you find the best running gift, we’ve gathered together twenty of the best Christmas stocking fillers for runners.
Recommended: 51 Best Christmas gifts for runners in 2020.
*This post contains links to Amazon and other affiliate sites. As an amazon associate, we will earn a small percentage on qualifying purchases. To find out more, click here.
1. Rockay accelerate anti-blister unisex running socks
- Wick sweat and moisture away from the feet, keeping them dry and comfortable
- Anti-blister design
- Lifetime guarantee
The Rockay accelerate running socks make for a fantastic stocking filler, providing optimal comfort whilst enhancing performance. With the Rockay lifetime guarantee, you can expect only the best from the leaders in performance running socks.
2. Science in sport energy gels for running
- 28 Running gels
- Variety of flavours, including apple, tropical, blackcurrant, and orange
- Ideal stocking filler for runners
Whether training for a half-marathon, marathon or hitting a weekly long-run, you can’t go without a couple of energy gels. The variety pack from Science in Sport contains 28 gels, varying in flavours and easily tucked away as a stocking filler.
3. Science in sport electrolyte tablets
- Choice of three flavours, including berry, lemon, and cola
- Perfect before and during intense exercise (e.g. long runs)
- Excellent stocking filler for runners
Electrolyte tablets are a must-have for those running longer miles. These can be consumed before, during or after exercise. However, whenever you do take them, paired with another fuel source, such as a running gel, will allow you to maintain your current effort for longer periods.
4. Hydro Flask
- Double-wall vacuum keeps cold drinks cold for up to 24-hours and hot drinks warm for up to 12-hours)
- Stainless steel durable design
- Powder coat (sweat-free, easy-grip, and durable)
You’ve likely seen these hydro flasks before, and for good reason. The hydro flask is the industry-leading flask, great for travelling, for a hot cup of tea after a long-run, or even whilst running thanks to the easy-grip and durable design.
5. Body Glide anti-chafe balm stick
- Protects skin against chafing (common when running longer distances)
- Invisible & non-invasive
- Long-lasting protection
Chafing is a common problem amongst runners, usually occurring during the heat or when running longer distances. The body glide anti-chafe balm stick is easy to apply and non-invasive, protecting the skin from painful chafing regardless of the distance you’re running.
6. Apple Airpods with charging case
- Automatically on and always connected
- Low-latency wireless connection for high-quality sound
- 5-hours of listening on a single charge (24-hours with battery case)
The Apple Airpods are a great all-around earphone, used in the gym, on a run, and throughout the day. The low-latency connection ensures optimal sound quality, paired with 5-hours of listening on a single charge and all-day charging with the battery case.
7. Powerbeats wireless earphones
- 15 hours of maximum listening time on a single charge (5-minute charge = 1-hour of playback)
- Secure adjustable fit with ear hooks for added comfort
- Apple audio sharing
- Sweat and water-resistant
The Powerbeats are must-have earphones for runners or those who love breaking a sweat. The adjustable secure-fit ear hooks ensure your earphones don’t fall out or need to be adjusted during your session, providing optimal comfort and allowing you to remain in the zone.
8. Born to run running book
What better Christmas stocking filler than an all-time classic running book, Born to Run. A book that revolutionised the barefoot running community, with further running advice for novice and professional runners alike. (It’s also got an excellent story, which is also a plus!)
9. I like running because… mug for runners
There’s no better stocking filler for runners than a comedy mug, great first thing Christmas morning to get your daily caffeine kick, or before a long-run to get the blood flowing.
10. The 365-day running journal
- Track your runs and monitor your progress week by week
- Practical tips and running facts to increase motivation
- Modern design makes it easier to note down weather, location, time, distance, etc.
The 365-day running journal allows you to track your runs and workouts, monitoring your progress week by week. Throughout the journal you’ll find motivational essays and practical tips, keeping your training motivation at an all-time high.
11. Garmin forerunner 35 GPS running watch
- At-wrist heart rate monitoring
- Measures metrics including pace per mile, cadence, calories, and distance covered
- Smart notifications
- VO2 Max and recovery time estimates
The Garmin forerunner 35 is an excellent running watch for beginner and veteran runners alike. You’ll benefit from regular metrics, alongside at-wrist heart rate monitoring and smart notifications to keep you notified on the go.
12. Massage ball set for runners (3 separate balls)
- Contains spikey ball, lacrosse massage ball & peanut ball
- Ideal for releasing tight spots, muscle soreness, and recovering from injury
Not only are massage balls a great stocking filler for runners, but they are an invaluable tool for a runner. These massage balls are used for releasing tight spots, enhancing performance, and reducing your risk of picking up an injury.
13. Theragun mini (4th generation) deep tissue massage
- 150-minute battery duration
- Choice of three speeds
For those running heavy mileage weeks, there’s nothing better than a massage. With massages off the cards currently, why not bring the massage home with the Theragun mini. With three different speeds and various attachments, you can target each muscle group for effective pain relief, or alternatively, use for a warmup before a run or workout. It’s also super compact, a small running gift ideal for a stocking.
14. Compeed anti-blister stick
- Prevent blisters from forming
- Compact design (ideal for travelling)
There’s nothing more frustrating than picking up a blister or two when running. With the competed anti-blister stick, you can prevent them from forming from the beginning, promoting pain-free, healthy running.
15. Touchscreen running gloves
- Touchscreen design (can use a smartphone and other devices without removing the gloves)
- Reflective print to increase visibility when running at night
A pair of running gloves are essential during the cold winter months. In particular, this pair contains touchscreen capability, allowing you to control your devices without removing the gloves.
To view our full article on running gloves, click here.
16. Running armband for smartphone
- Skin-friendly, sweat proof, and comfortable design
- Small & convenient pocket to store valuables (cash, bank cards, and keys)
- Reflective design for increased visibility when running in low light conditions
- Easily plug-in earphones to listen to music easily
There’s nothing more frustrating than getting your phone wet when out running, unable to change song, your Strava interrupted, or worst case, your phone becomes damaged or even broken. The running armband solves all of these problems, providing you with secure, comfortable storage to store your phone and valuables when running.
17. Shoe & water repellant spray
- Protect your shoes from dirt, stains, and mud
- Point and spray to use
It’s inevitable that our running shoes will get dirty at some point or another, especially if you’re regularly running on the trails or fells. However, you can protect them for longer, allowing them to stay fresh and look as good as when you first bought them year-round. This shoe and water-repellant spray creates a protective layer between your shoes and dirt, helping you keep them clean for longer.
Oh, and it’s the perfect size for a Christmas stocking filler for runners! Always a plus…
18. Garmin HRM-run heart rate monitor
- Real-time data for advanced training metrics, including vertical oscillation, cadence, and ground contact time)
- Improved heart rate accuracy
- Lightweight & comfortable design (ideal for long runs)
The Garmin heart rate monitor is a must-have for those into their tech or who are serious about running. More reliable than standard wrist-based monitoring, you receive more accurate data and training metrics, allowing you to take your training to the next level.
19. Sports shoe deodorizer
- Eliminate nasty odour from your running shoes
- Re-usable and pet-friendly
There’s nothing worse than a pair of running shoes emitting a nasty odour. The sports shoe deodoriser eliminates the worst of smells, allowing your shoes to smell fresh and new-like indefinitely.
20. Fitbit Versa 2 health & fitness smartwatch
- Built-in Amazon Alexa (get quick news, info, weather, set alarms, etc.)
- Track metrics such as sleep, steps. heart rate, calories and more
- Track real-time activities such as running, cycling, swimming, and weight-lifting
The Fitbit Versa 2 is one of the more recent releases from Fitbit, a watch targeted at those looking to become more active, perhaps looking to start running. The watch measures various metrics and allows you to record real-time activities with instant feedback – a must-have for the health and fitness fanatic.
Matthew is an avid runner, freelance writer, Durham University graduate, and the founder of Running101.