20 Best Christmas stocking fillers for runners
Struggling to find that perfect running gift this Christmas? Here are twenty excellent stocking filler ideas to choose from!
Choosing a gift for that runner in your life can be difficult, especially if they’ve already got the latest tech or pair of running shoes.
Despite this, an even bigger challenge is selecting a gift that is small enough to fit in a stocking. To help you find the best running gift this Christmas, we’ve gathered together twenty of the best Christmas stocking fillers for runners, including socks, the latest running watches, earphones, and others.
Recommended: 60 Best Christmas gifts for runners in 2021.
*This post contains links to Amazon and other affiliate sites. As an amazon associate, we will earn a small percentage on qualifying purchases. To find out more, click here.
1. Rockay accelerate anti-blister unisex running socks
- Wick sweat and moisture away from the feet, keeping them dry and comfortable
- Anti-blister design
- Lifetime guarantee
The Rockay accelerate running socks make for a fantastic stocking filler, providing optimal comfort while enhancing performance. With the Rockay lifetime guarantee, you can expect only the best from the leaders in performance running socks.
2. Science in sport energy gels for running
- Pack of 20
- Variety of flavours
- Ideal stocking filler for runners
Whether training for a half-marathon, marathon or hitting a weekly long-run, you can’t go without a couple of energy gels. The variety pack from Science in Sport contains 20 gels, varying in flavours and easily tucked away as a stocking filler.
3. Science in sport electrolyte tablets
- Choice of three flavours, including berry, lemon, and cola
- Perfect before and during intense exercise (e.g. long runs)
Electrolyte tablets are a must-have for those running longer miles. These can be consumed before, during or after exercise. However, whenever you do take them, paired with another fuel source, such as a running gel, will allow you to maintain your current effort for longer periods.
4. Rockay running water bottle
- Recycled design
- Temperature controlled (keep your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot)
- Attachment handle
The Rockay running water bottle is fully insulated, keeping your drinks cold for up to 24-hours and hot for up to 8-hours. Not the best bottle for running, but great for daily use and and on the track while running intervals.
You can also read our full review on the Rockay Norrebro running water bottle.
5. Body Glide anti-chafe balm stick
- Protects the skin against chafing (common when running longer distances)
- Invisible & non-invasive
- Long-lasting protection
Chafing is a common problem amongst runners, usually occurring during the heat or when running longer distances. The body glide anti-chafe balm stick is easy to apply and non-invasive, protecting the skin from painful chafing regardless of the distance you’re running.
6. Apple Airpods Pro with charging case
- Seamless connection
- Noise cancellation, transparency mode, and regular audio
- More than 24-hours of listening time with the MagSafe charging case
The Apple Airpods Pro are a great all-around earphone, used in the gym, on a run, and throughout the day. With active noise cancellation, you can get in the zone, or if you’re running in the city, the transparency mode lets you clearly hear what’s going on around you – talk about increasing safety.
7. Powerbeats Pro wireless earphones
- 9 hours of listening time on a single charge (more than 24-hours with the charging case)
- Secure adjustable ear hooks for added comfort
- Sweat and water-resistant
The Powerbeats Pro are must-have earphones for runners or those who love breaking a sweat. Similar to the AirPods Pro above, the Powerbeats Pro seamlessly connect to other Apple devices. Designed for breaking a sweat, you’ll struggle to find better earphones for stomping the pavement or working out in the gym.
8. Born to run running book
What better Christmas stocking filler than an all-time classic running book, Born to Run. A book that revolutionised the barefoot running community, with further running advice for novice and professional runners alike. (It’s also got an excellent story, which is also a plus!)
9. I like running because… mug for runners
There’s no better stocking filler for runners than a comedy mug, great first thing Christmas morning to get your daily caffeine kick, or before a long run to get the blood flowing.
10. The 365-day running journal
- Track your runs and monitor your progress week by week
- Practical tips and running facts to increase motivation
- Modern design makes it easier to note down weather, location, time, distance, etc.
The 365-day running journal allows you to track your runs and workouts, monitoring your progress week by week. Throughout the journal you’ll find motivational essays and practical tips, keeping your training motivation at an all-time high.
11. Garmin forerunner 35 GPS running watch
- At-wrist heart rate monitoring
- Measures metrics including pace per mile, cadence, calories, and distance covered
- VO2 Max and recovery time estimates & smart notifications
The Garmin forerunner 35 is an excellent running watch for beginner and veteran runners alike. You’ll benefit from regular metrics, alongside at-wrist heart rate monitoring and smart notifications to keep you notified on the go.
12. Massage ball set for runners (3 separate balls)
- Contains a spikey ball, lacrosse massage ball & peanut ball
- Ideal for releasing tight spots, combating muscle soreness, and recovering from injury
Not only are massage balls a great stocking filler for runners, but they are an invaluable tool for a runner. These massage balls are used for releasing tight spots, improving performance, and reducing the risk of injury.
13. Theragun mini (4th generation) deep tissue massage
- 150-minute battery duration
- Choice of three speeds
- Quiet & compact
For those running heavy mileage weeks, there’s nothing better than a massage. With three different speeds and various attachments, you can target each muscle group for effective pain relief. You can also use this before a run or workout to properly warm-up the muscles. It’s also super compact, a small running gift ideal for a stocking.
14. Compeed anti-blister stick
- Prevent blisters from forming
- Compact design (ideal for travelling)
There’s nothing more frustrating than picking up a blister or two when running. With the competed anti-blister stick, you can prevent them from forming in the first place, promoting pain-free, healthy running.
15. Fleece-lined running gloves
- Touchscreen design
- Fleece-lined for added warmth
These running gloves are a great companion for those cold evening runs. The fleece-lining will keep you warm and then touchscreen design allows you to use your phone without removing the gloves.
You can also read our full round-up of the best running gloves.
16. Running armband for smartphone
- Skin-friendly, sweatproof, and comfortable
- Small & convenient pocket to store valuables
- Reflective design for increased visibility
There’s nothing more frustrating than getting your phone wet when out running, unable to change song, your Strava interrupted, or worst case, your phone becomes damaged or even broken.
The running armband solves all of these problems, providing you with secure, comfortable storage to store your phone and valuables when running.
17. Shoe & water repellant spray
- Protect your shoes from dirt, stains, and mud
- Point and spray to use
It’s unavoidable that our running shoes will get dirty at some point or another, especially if you’re regularly running on the trails or fells. However, you can protect them for longer, allowing them to stay fresh and look as good as when you first bought them. This shoe and water-repellant spray forms a protective layer between your shoes and dirt, helping you keep them clean for longer.
Oh, and it’s the perfect size for a Christmas stocking filler for runners! Always a plus…
18. Garmin HRM-run heart rate monitor
- Real-time data for advanced training metrics, including vertical oscillation, cadence, and ground contact time
- Improved heart rate accuracy
- Lightweight & comfortable design (ideal for long runs)
The Garmin heart rate monitor is a must-have for those into their tech or who are serious about running. More reliable than standard wrist-based monitoring, you receive accurate data and training metrics, allowing you to take your training to the next level.
19. Sports shoe deodorizer
- Eliminate nasty odour from your running shoes
- Re-usable and pet-friendly
There’s nothing worse than a pair of running shoes emitting a nasty odour. The sports shoe deodoriser eliminates the worst of smells, allowing your shoes to smell fresh and new-like year-round!
20. Fitbit Versa 3 health & fitness smartwatch
- Built-in Amazon Alexa (get quick news, change song, weather updates, set alarms, etc.)
- Track popular metrics including sleep, steps, and heart rate
- Real-time activity tracking and GPS signal for running, cycling, and swimming
The Fitbit Versa 3 is one of the more recent releases from Fitbit, a watch targeted at those looking to become more active, perhaps looking to start running. The watch measures various metrics and allows you to record real-time activities with instant feedback – a must-have for the health and fitness fanatic.
Matthew is an avid runner, freelance writer, Durham University graduate, and the founder of Running101.