51 Best Christmas gifts for runners in 2020
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift for that runner in your life? You’ve come to the right place – here’s 51 of the best Christmas gifts for runners.
Finding that perfect Christmas gift is difficult, especially when you’re shopping for a runner who has it all, whether it be the latest Garmin running watch or advanced massage gun. However, don’t fret. To help you find the ultimate gift, we’ve gathered together fifty-one of the best Christmas gifts for runners.
*This post contains links to Amazon and other affiliate sites. As an amazon associate, we will earn a small percentage on qualifying purchases. To find out more, click here.
1. Rockay men’s long-sleeved running shirt
- Made with recycled fabrics
- Soft-brushed warming inner fabric
- 360 reflective detailing for increased visibility
The Rockay men’s three-quarter long-sleeved running shirt is an excellent Christmas gift for that runner in your life this Christmas. With a warming inner fabric, a wind-protective chest panel, and anti-odour technology, you’re guaranteed a warm, dry, and comfortable run.
2. Garmin forerunner 35 – GPS running watch
- Smart notifications
- VO2 MAX & recovery time estimates
- At-wrist heart rate monitoring
- Measures basic running metrics, e.g. pace per mile, distanced covered, and run duration
The Garmin forerunner 35 is a great first watch for beginners, and equally as good for seasoned runners. With the addition of at-wrist heart rate monitoring, you can take your performance to the next level. Track and improve your VO2 Max, recovery times, and receive reminders to keep moving throughout the day.
3. Finding Ultra running book
To read our full review on Finding Ultra, click here.
Finding Ultra is the story of Rich Roll – top one-hundred podcast host, endurance athlete, and health and wellness advocate. Rich’s story is about his transformation from Stanford swimmer, to alcoholic, and later overweight and out of breathe when climbing the stairs. In Finding Ultra, Rich discusses how he faced his inner demons, becoming one of the world’s fittest men.
4. Addsfit massage gun
- Decreased recovery time following exercise
- Improved blood flow
- Increased flexibility and muscle strength
The Addsfit massage gun is a must-have for all runners. A quick massage reduces muscle soreness, decreases recovery time between runs and workouts, and even increases flexibility and strength.
To read our full review of the Addsfit deep tissue massage gun, click here.
5. Garmin HRM-Run heart rate monitor
- Comfortable and lightweight design
- Improved heart rate accuracy
- Real-time data for increased training metrics (e.g. vertical oscillation, cadence, and ground contact time)
For those serious about running, or into their running gadgets, a heart rate monitor is a must-have. The Garmin HRM-Run is comfortable and lightweight, providing real-time data directly to your GPS running watch. Heart rate straps are more accurate than wrist-based monitoring – allowing you to receive the most accurate data and results.
6. Keep calm and go running mug
There’s nothing better than a hot cup of tea after a long-run, especially in the “keep calm and go running mug.” A great Christmas gift for any runner, and an extension to their no doubt extensive collection of cups, mugs, and glasses.
7. Eat and run running book
In Eat & Run, Scott Jurek opens up about his life as an Elite athlete, beginning at the roots – childhood. Eat & Run is packed full of vegan recipes, chapters with insights into numerous ultra-endurance races, and practical tips all runners can introduce into their training and regime.
8. Touchscreen running gloves
- Touchscreen design – use your smartphone without removing your gloves
- Reflective detailing for increased visibility
- Fleece lining for added warmth
There’s nothing better than a fleece-lined pair of running gloves on a cold, wintery day. The touchscreen design enables you to use your smartphone without removing the gloves – great for switching song on your no doubt epic running playlist.
9. Core balance foam roller
- Reduced muscle pain & decreased recovery time between runs or workouts
- Myofascial release
- Choice of four colours
Reduce muscle pain, soreness, and risk of injury with a foam roller. Different foam rollers contain varying levels of hardness – the core balance foam roller is firm but not super hard. This is a great option for beginners, allowing you to release tight spots, reduce your risk of injury, and most importantly, improve performance.
10. Powerbeats wireless earphones
- Up to 15 hours of listening time & 5-minute charge = 1-hour playback
- Adjustable secure-fit with ear hooks for added comfort
- Apple audio sharing
- Sweat and water-resistant
There are very few earphones that live up to the hype of powerbeats for runners. The adjustable secure-fit ear hooks ensure your earphones don’t fall out while running – always a plus. They’re also sweat and water-resistant, able to withstand light rain, too. Finally, with as little as 5-minutes charge, you will receive 1-hour of playback – plenty for your evening run when short on time.
11. Polar advantage GPS running watch
- Up to 30-hours of battery life on a single charge
- Advanced wrist-based heart rate monitoring
- Tracks regular metrics including pace per mile, distance covered, duration, and heart rate
The Polar vantage GPS running watch is up there with one of the best Christmas gifts you can give to any runner. Polar are globally recognised for their GPS running watches, up there with their main competitor, Garmin. However, Unlike many Garmin devices, the Polar vantage can track over 130 sports, including swimming, cycling, and running.
12. Rockay accelerate anti-blister unisex running socks
- Anti-blister design
- Lifetime guarantee
Take your running to the next level with a pair of Rockay accelerate anti-blister running socks. The sweat-wicking material keeps your feet dry and comfortable, great for pounding the pavement mile after mile. Also, the lifetime guarantee ensures maximum durability, even when faced with the toughest challenges, including ultra-endurance races.
13. Polarized sports sunglasses
- 5 different lenses for different conditions
- Strong impact & lightweight design
- UV protection
Far too often we forget to protect ourselves from the sun. A pair of running sunglasses are crucial, especially during the hot summer months. With a strong and sturdy design, you needn’t worry about dropping them either – the same applies for falling off your bike – they’re made to endure.
14. Under Armour men’s short-sleeved running t-shirt
- Light and breathable
- Anti-odour technology
- Comfortable fit
Ditch the cotton sweatshirt and opt for a breathable fabric. The Under Armour men’s short-sleeved running t-shirt provides a comfortable fit – ideal for running. You’ll also benefit from anti-odour technology, keeping you cool, dry, and focused on the task at hand.
15. Born to run running book
Born to run is an all-time classic, a must-read for all runners. Christopher McDougall sets out on a journey to answer one simple question: why does my foot hurt? In a quest for answers, McDougall sets out on a journey, meeting some of the world’s greatest runners. Prepare yourself for the hidden tribe, the on-going evaluation of barefoot running, and a few laughs along the way.
16. Science in sport rego rapid recovery
- Flavoured protein and carbohydrate sports drink
- Choice of flavours, including strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and banana
Proper recovery between runs and workouts is vital. The science in sport rego rapid recovery drink is a mixture of protein, carbohydrates, and electrolytes – much-needed macronutrients after a hard training session. Aim to consume 20-30g of protein within 30-minutes of exercise, such as the rego rapid recovery shake.
17. Vegan protein powder
- Natural taste
- 20g of plant-based protein
- No nasties (gluten, soya, gums, or sucralose)
If you’re vegan, finding a great protein powder can be difficult. The plant-based vegan protein powder from Wyldsson contains 20g of plant-based protein and contains no nasties – you know exactly what you’re putting into your body. Also, unlike other protein powders, the taste is natural, not too sweet nor artificial tasting.
18. SIS energy gel variety pack
- 7 different flavours of energy gel
- Maximize energy and ensure optimal performance when running longer distances
- Suitable for vegans, vegetarians, lactose-free
Energy gels are a convenient source of glucose when running longer distances – a much-needed energy source to prevent you from hitting the wall. Constant hydration and fueling are paramount, enabling optimal performance whether that’s on a long-run or in an ultra-endurance race.
19. Spikey massage ball
- Compact – ideal for travel
- Release tight and uncomfortable muscles
- Decrease recovery time between runs and workouts
The spikey massage ball is a great piece of kit and an excellent Christmas stocking filler for that runner in your life. The ball can be used to release tight and sore muscles, decreasing recovery times between runs and workouts. If you or a runner you know suffers from plantar fasciitis, spikey balls can help ease the associated pain.
20. Nike women’s running t-shirt
- Nike dry fabric
- Standard fit
The Nike women’s running t-shirt is a great addition to the running wardrobe. Available in seven colours, including red, green, yellow, and blue, you’ll look stylish and remain comfortable mile after mile.
Related: 15 Best women’s running t-shirts in 2020.
Related: 15 Best running t-shirts for men in 2020.
21. Garmin forerunner 235
- Smart notifications
- Customised training plans
- At-wrist heart rate monitoring
- Tracks basic metrics including pace per mile, distance covered, cadence, and calories
The Garmin forerunner 235 is a runner’s best friend. With the addition to upload customised training plans, you can take charge of your training. Heart rate monitoring is accurate, non-invasive, and provides useful metrics – helping to amp up your training to the next level.
22. Running armband for iPhone
- Skin-friendly and sweat proof
- Convenient pocket for cash, bank cards, and keys
- Plug-in headphones to listen to music easily
- Reflective design for increased visibility
There’s nothing more annoying and anxiety-inducing than running while holding your phone. A running armband solves this problem, not only providing a safe space to hold your phone, but also any other items such as cash, keys, or bank cards. Armbands are particularly useful when running in the rain – keeping your device dry whilst getting in a great run.
23. North: Finding my way while running the Appalachian Trail by Scott Jurek book
Scott Jurek’s second book, North, details his journey across the Appalachian trail – a seven-week straight adventure across the entire length of the United States. Jurek had to hike, run, and stumble his way to 50 miles on average per day, tackling unseen mental toughness, will, and determination.
24. Running mug: “I run because punching people is frowned upon”
There’s no better Christmas gift for runners than a comedy mug. The “I run because punching people is frowned upon” mug deserves its place on the shelf, most likely next to the “keep calm and drink coffee” mug we all seem to own.
25. “Never give up” race medal hanger
- Inspiring gift
- Easy installation and secure design
Know of a runner who has countless medals and nowhere to hang them? The “never give up” race medal hanger is not only practical but motivational, too. Not to mention super easy to install and secure.
26. Wireless earbuds for running
- Voice & smart touch control
- 30-hours of music playback
- Economic and secure ear hook design
- Water-resistant (light rain and sweat)
If you’re shopping on a budget, there’s no better earbuds for running than these from MPOW. With up to 30-hours of playback on a single charge and smart touch control, you’re guaranteed a great audio experience. The secure ear hook design is similar to those of the powerbeats, providing optimal comfort mile after mile.
27. Runderwear – performance men’s running boxer shorts
- Chafe-free underwear
- Increased comfort and enhanced performance
- Multi-award-winning design
Runderwear is the original high-performance underwear for runners and athletes alike. The technology is seamless, enhancing comfort, eliminating chafing, and improving performance. Throw away your old briefs and opt for a pair of Runderwear briefs for a new level of comfort you’re yet to experience.
28. Runderwear – women’s running briefs (2 pack)
- Elasticated fabric for added support
- Chafe-free and multi-award-winning design
- Increased comfort and enhanced performance
The women’s runderwear utilise elasticated fabric for added support, not to mention the chafe-free, multi-awarding design. Opt for comfort and take your running to the next level, chafe-free.
29. LED Lenser rechargeable head torch
- USB rechargeable
- 300 lumens of brightness
- 160m beam range
Staying safe when running at night is paramount, alongside being able to see where you’re running. The LED Lenser rechargeable headtorch provides 300 lumens of brightness with a 160m beam range – increased visibility for both yourself and other road users.
30. Racerback sports bra for women
- Pack of 3
- Breathable fabric
- Wider straps and no rim design for added comfort
Comfort is king when it comes to running – that’s why the racerback sports bra utilises breathable fabric and wide straps for added comfort. Wear by itself or under a t-shirt based on personal preference for the added support when running.
31. Run fast, cook fast, eat slow running cookbook
Chef Elyse Kopecky and Olympic runner, Shalane Flanagan joined forces to create the New York Times best-selling cookbook for runners. Run fast, cook fast, eat slow contains healthy and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, not to mention that post-run snack.
32. Danish endurance running socks (3 pack)
- Ideal for long distances
- Recommended by an Olympic athlete
- Choice of three colours
- Sweat-wicking, increased ventilation, and reduced blisters
Endorsed by Olympian Stina Troest, the Danish endurance running socks are ideal for long distances. The sweat-wicking properties increase ventilation, comfort, and reduce blisters – what more do you want from a pair of running socks?
33. Adidas men’s 3-stripe running tights
- Second-skin like feel for optimal movement
- Sweat-wicking climalite fabric
- Can be zipped up – makes putting on and taking off shoes easier
The Adidas men’s 3-stripe running leggings are perfect for winter running. With a second-skin-like feel, optimal movement is achieved – increasing performance. The sweat-wicking climalite fabric keeps you cool, dry and focused on your run whatever the weather.
34. New Balance women’s impact running tights
- Signature NB technology helps wick sweat away from the body
- Reflective detailing for increased visibility
- Two side pockets
Stay warm, comfortable, and visible with the New Balance women’s impact running tights. Sweat is wicked away from the body thanks to NBs signature technology, and you’ll benefit from two side pockets – great for storing keys, cash, or loose change.
35. Yoga mat
- 4mm thickness
- Grippy non-slip texture for increased traction
- Choice of six designs
To become a better runner, you need to do more than run. Consider adding yoga, strength training, stretching, and core exercises to your routine. These will improve strength, flexibility, speed, but most importantly, will reduce your risk of injury. A yoga mat is a must for these exercises, protecting your back and improving comfort on each exercise.
36. Body Glide anti-chafe balm stick
- Protects skin from chafing – essential when running longer distances
- Invisible, non-invasive barrier between the skin
Chafing is common in runners – this is where fabric creates friction with the skin. This can be painful and also cause bleeding, creating general discomfort. The Body glide anti-chafe balm stick protects the skin from chafing, creating an invisible, non-invasive barrier between the skin.
37. Personalised trainer tags
- Identify your trainers with personalised tags
Why not surprise your runner friend with personalized trainer tags this Christmas? Inscribe motivational or meaningful messages, creating a distinguishable and unique look.
38. Karrimor wrist wallet
- Large zipped pocket
- Bright contrasting trim for increased visibility
The Karrimor wrist wallet comfortably fits around the wrist, providing a convenient, safe large zipped pocket for essentials, e.g. money and loose change, bank cards, and keys.
39. Jabra Elite wireless earphones
- Long battery life (15 hours battery life)
- Water and sweat-resistant
- Wireless charging case
- Secure fit
- Touch controls
The Jabra Elite wireless earphones are a go-to choice for many runners. Water and sweat-resistant and a secure fit with a choice of three ear gels, few earphones can compete, especially for those who live an active lifestyle. The long battery life and portable charging case are a nice addition, great for travelling or race weekends away.
40. Sports shoe deodorizer
- Eliminate nasty odour from your running shoes
- Pet safe
We all know a runner whose appalling shoe smell follows them around. The sports shoe deodoriser eliminates nasty odour from running shoes. Simply insert the deodoriser and let it work it’s magic, absorbing harmful chemicals and purifying the air.
41. Emergency medical bracelet
- Emergency contact number easily accessible
- Medical conditions on display, in case of an emergency
You can never be too safe while out running, day or night. Whether you have pre-existing medical conditions or not, the emergency medical bracelet is convenient and potentially life-saving. Inscribe emergency contact numbers and conditions/allergies should anything happen to you, enabling you to receive the best support possible.
42. Running with the Kenyans running book
Adharanand Finn, after years of watching Kenyan winners dominate the world’s toughest endurance races, travelled to Kenya to investigate the secrets of the fastest people on earth. In this true and informative adventure, Finn trains for the Lewa marathon with a Kenyan training group, living and training in a completely new way from his traditional method.
43. Unisex Buff high-UV running cap
- Reflective logo for increased visibility
- UPF 50 + (97% UV protection)
- Adjustable drawstring for optimal fit
Buff are globally recognised for their bandana-like apparel. However, they also make high-UV blocking running caps – great for running during the peak of summer. If you find yourself running at night, you’ll also benefit from the reflective logo, providing increased visibility.
44. Fitbit inspire health & fitness tracker
- All-day activity tracking
- Automatic exercise recognition
- Daily step and calorie counter
The Fitbit inspire is competitively priced, providing all-day activity tracking and automatic exercise recognition. While the Inspire is not the most in-depth device, for the low price, it serves as a useful piece of kit for keeping atop of your training and lifestyle goals.
45. Buff unisex reversible microfibre hat
- Reversible design
- Moisture management and quick drying
- Thermal warmth and comfort – great for running in the winter
The Buff unisex microfibre hat contains thermal warmth, excellent for running in winter. The reversible design offers two patterns, while the moisture management keeps you cool, dry, and warm on your run.
46. Comedy mug for runners
- Approximate 330ml capacity
- Two-tone glossy design
- Guaranteed to make any runner or cyclist smile
Most runners and cyclists use an app called “Strava” to record or log their training runs and races. The mug is a reference to the platform, a running joke within the Strava community, sure to make any runner or cyclist smile.
47. Adjustable running belt
- Water and sweat-resistant
- Two-zip pockets for convenient storage (ideal for cash, keys, cellphone, and more)
- Breathable material
Sometimes, when you’re running, especially longer distances, it’s convenient to have some form of additional storage. The adjustable running belt does exactly that, capable of storing several large and small items (running gels, mobile phone, keys, cash, etc.). A great Christmas gift for runners who compete in ultra-endurance races or prefer to go long in training.
48. Compeed anti-blister stick
- Helps prevent blisters from forming
- Compact – easily fits in your pocket and convenient for travelling
A common problem for many runners is blisters. Whether you’re breaking in a pair of new shoes, increasing your training load, or running long distances, blisters are somewhat inevitable – they’re a part of the sport. However, the Compeed anti-blister stick provides a protective layer to the skin, helping to prevent blisters from forming. The stick also protects against chafing – another uncomfortable and common problem for runners.
49. Evolution of a marathoner coasters
- Sold individually or as a set of 4
- Raw wood board-backed
- High-gloss, durable finish
For the runner who has all the latest tech, they likely don’t have running-themed coasters. The high-gloss and durable finish ensure long-lasting quality, displaying the evolution of the marathon runner for years to come.
50. Theragun mini (4th generation) deep tissue massage
- Quiet for any setting
- 150-minute battery life
- Choice of three speeds
Regular massage guns are sometimes a little too big and clunky, especially if you’re travelling. The Theragun mini is a compact deep tissue massage gun with three speeds for effective muscle and pain relief. Use before a workout as a warmup or after exercise to cool down, reducing your risk of injury and decreasing your recovery time.
51. Rockay compression running socks
- Odour free
- Anti-blister and increased cushioning for added performance
- Increased blood flow for optimal recovery
- Made from 100% recycled materials
What better Christmas gift than a pair of socks? Not only are they warm, but you’ll receive performance benefits, including reduced recovery time between runs or workouts. You’re also supporting the environment at the same time, thanks to their 100% recycled design.
To read our full review on the Rockay Vigor compression running socks, click here.
Matthew is an avid runner, freelance writer, Durham University graduate, and the founder of Running101.