60 Best Christmas gifts for runners
A selection of running gadgets, training gear, books, and other running accessories – here are sixty of the best Christmas gifts for runners.
Finding the best Christmas gifts for runners is difficult, especially when you’re shopping for a runner who has it all, whether that’s the latest Garmin running watch or Theragun massage gun.
If you’re struggling with ideas to find the ultimate gift, then don’t worry! In this article, we provide you with sixty of the best Christmas gifts for runners, including the latest running tech such as bone conduction headphones, various running accessories, some of our favourite books, and even treadmills for those keen on training indoors. Anyways, it’s safe to say there’s a running gift idea to suit every budget!
*This post contains links to Amazon and other affiliate sites. As an amazon associate, we will earn a small percentage on qualifying purchases. To find out more, click here.
1. Rockay men’s long-sleeved running shirt
- Made with recycled fabrics
- Soft-brushed warming inner fabric
- 360 reflective detailing for increased visibility
The Rockay men’s three-quarter long-sleeved running shirt is an excellent Christmas gift for that runner in your life. With a warming inner fabric, a wind-protective chest panel, and anti-odour technology, you’re guaranteed a warm, dry, and comfortable run.
2. Garmin forerunner 35 – GPS running watch
- Smart notifications
- VO2 MAX & recovery time estimates
- At-wrist heart rate monitoring
- Measures basic running metrics, e.g. pace per mile, distanced covered, and run duration
The Garmin forerunner 35 is a great first watch for beginners, and equally as good for seasoned runners. With the addition of at-wrist heart rate monitoring, you can take your performance to the next level. Track and improve your VO2 Max, recovery times, and receive reminders to keep moving throughout the day.
Related: Cheap running watches: the best in 2022.
3. Finding Ultra running book
To read our full review on Finding Ultra, click here.
Finding Ultra is the story of Rich Roll – top one-hundred podcast host, endurance athlete, and health and wellness advocate. Rich’s story is about his transformation from Stanford swimmer to alcoholic, and later overweight and out of breath when climbing the stairs. In Finding Ultra, Rich discusses how he faced his inner demons, becoming one of the world’s fittest men.
4. Addsfit massage gun for runners
- Decreased recovery time following exercise
- Improved blood flow
- Increased flexibility and muscle strength
The Addsfit massage gun is a must-have for all runners. A quick massage reduces muscle soreness, decreases recovery time between runs and workouts, and even increases flexibility and strength.
To read our full review of the Addsfit deep tissue massage gun, click here.
5. Garmin HRM-Run heart rate monitor
- Comfortable and lightweight design
- Improved heart rate accuracy
- Real-time data for increased training metrics (e.g. vertical oscillation, cadence, and ground contact time)
For those serious about running, or into their running gadgets, a heart rate monitor is a must-have. The Garmin HRM-Run is comfortable and lightweight, providing real-time data directly to your GPS running watch. Heart rate straps are more accurate than wrist-based monitoring – allowing you to receive the most accurate data and results.
6. NordicTrack folding treadmill
- Easy to use touchscreen with interactive workouts
- Automatic trainer control adjusts automatically for a life-like experience
- Free 30-Day iFIT membership with access to countless workouts
- Foldable treadmill design saves space
It’s difficult to list the many features available when you choose the NordicTrack foldable treadmill. However, what you do need to know is that you’ll benefit from FlexSelect cushioning (reduces the impact on the joints), self-cooling technology, interactive workouts, and a foldable design ideal for those short on space.
7. Eat and run running book
In Eat & Run, Scott Jurek opens up about his life as an Elite athlete, beginning at the roots – childhood. Eat & Run is packed full of vegan recipes, chapters with insights into numerous ultra-endurance races, and practical tips all runners can introduce into their training and regime.
You can also read our full review on Eat and Run by Scott Jurek.
8. De’Longhi espresso and cappuccino machine
- Integrated grinder includes seven adjustable coarseness levels
- Milk Frother
- Automatic cleaning
There’s nothing quite like a fresh cup of coffee right before a run or cycle. With your very own coffee machine, you can create your favourite coffee shop drinks from home that taste just as good. You’ll also save money in the process – it’s a win, win!
9. Rockay running headband
- Keep sweat out of your eyes
- Recycled Italian nylon fabric design
The women’s running headband from Rockay is your go-to companion for those long Sunday runs. Comfortable and stylish, you’ll look great, keep your ears warm in winter, and protect your eyes from sweat.
10. Fleece-lined running gloves
- Premium fleece soft fabric
- Anti-slip design
A pair of running gloves are a must-have piece of kit during the colder months. A small running gift ideal as a stocking filler that is sure to please any runner in the peak of winter. The soft premium fleece fabric traps the warmth in – making those winter runs that little bit easier.
Related: Best running gloves for winter running.
11. Foam roller for runners
- Reduced muscle pain & decreased recovery time between runs or workouts
- Myofascial release
- Choice of multiple colours and patterns
- Includes a guide to help you get started with a few foam rolling exercises
Reduce muscle pain, soreness, and risk of injury with a foam roller. Different foam rollers contain varying levels of hardness – this foam roller is firm but not super hard. This is a great option for beginners, allowing you to release tight spots, reduce your risk of injury, and most importantly, improve performance.
12. Powerbeats wireless earphones
- Up to 15 hours of listening time & 5-minute charge = 1-hour playback
- Adjustable secure-fit with ear hooks for added comfort
- Apple audio sharing
- Sweat and water-resistant
There are very few earphones that live up to the hype of powerbeats for runners. The adjustable secure-fit ear hooks ensure your earphones don’t fall out while running – always a plus. They’re also sweat and water-resistant and able to withstand light rain. Finally, with as little as five minutes charge, you will receive 1-hour of playback – plenty for your evening run when short on time.
13. Polar advantage GPS running watch
- Up to 30-hours of battery life on a single charge
- Advanced wrist-based heart rate monitoring
- Tracks regular metrics including pace per mile, distance covered, duration, and heart rate
The Polar vantage GPS running watch is up there with one of the best Christmas gifts you can give to any runner. Polar are globally recognised for their GPS running watches, up there with their main competitor, Garmin. However, Unlike many Garmin devices, the Polar vantage can track over 130 sports, including swimming, cycling, and running.
14. Rockay accelerate anti-blister unisex running socks
- Anti-blister design
- Lifetime guarantee
Take your running to the next level with a pair of Rockay accelerate anti-blister running socks. The sweat-wicking material keeps your feet dry and comfortable, great for pounding the pavement mile after mile. Also, the lifetime guarantee ensures maximum durability, even when faced with the toughest challenges, including ultra-endurance races.
15. Bravey book by Alexi Pappas book for runners
Alexi Pappas is an Olympic runner, writer, filmmaker, and actress. In Bravey, Pappas shares her stories of pain, Olympic dreams, depression, mental health, and everything in-between. Openly candid and a beautiful read not only for runners but for those with audacious dreams as well!
16. Under Armour men’s short-sleeved running t-shirt
- Light and breathable
- Anti-odour technology
- Comfortable fit
Ditch the cotton sweatshirt and opt for a breathable fabric. The Under Armour men’s short-sleeved running t-shirt provides a comfortable fit – ideal for running. You’ll also benefit from anti-odour technology, keeping you cool, dry, and focused on the task at hand.
17. Born to run running book
Born to run is an all-time classic, a must-read for all runners. Christopher McDougall sets out on a journey to answer one simple question: why does my foot hurt? In a quest for answers, McDougall sets out on a journey, meeting some of the world’s greatest runners. Prepare yourself for the hidden tribe, the ongoing evaluation of barefoot running, and a few laughs along the way.
18. Science in sport rego rapid recovery
- Flavoured protein and carbohydrate sports drink
- Choice of flavours, including strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and banana
Proper recovery between runs and workouts is vital. The science in sport rego rapid recovery drink is a mixture of protein, carbohydrates, and electrolytes – much-needed macronutrients after a hard training session. Aim to consume 20-30g of protein within 30-minutes of exercise, such as the rego rapid recovery shake.
19. Vegan protein powder
- Natural taste
- 20g of plant-based protein
- No nasties (gluten, soya, gums, or sucralose)
If you’re vegan, finding a great protein powder can be difficult. The plant-based vegan protein powder from Wyldsson contains 20g of plant-based protein and contains no nasties – you know exactly what you’re putting into your body. Also, unlike other protein powders, the taste is natural, not too sweet nor artificial tasting.
20. SIS energy gel variety pack
- 7 different flavours of energy gel
- Maximize energy and ensure optimal performance when running longer distances
- Suitable for vegans, vegetarians, lactose-free
Energy gels are a convenient source of glucose when running longer distances – a much-needed energy source to prevent you from hitting the wall. Constant hydration and fueling are paramount, enabling optimal performance whether that’s on a long run or in an ultra-endurance race.
21. Spikey massage ball
- Compact – ideal for travel
- Release tight and uncomfortable muscles
- Decrease recovery time between runs and workouts
The spikey massage ball is a great piece of kit and an excellent Christmas stocking filler for that runner in your life. The ball can be used to release tight and sore muscles, decreasing recovery times between runs and workouts. If you or a runner you know suffers from plantar fasciitis, spikey balls can help ease the associated pain.
22. Rockay athletic women’s running t-shirt
- Recycled lightweight fabric design
- Polygiene technology prevents the build-up of nasty odours
- Reflective details
A training essential – the Rockay athletic women’s running t-shirt. Created using recycled and soft fabric you’re guaranteed comfort and visibility mile after mile. Oh, and you’ll avoid those nasty odours thanks to the innovative Polygiene technology!
23. Garmin forerunner 235
- Smart notifications
- Customised training plans
- At-wrist heart rate monitoring
- Tracks basic metrics including pace per mile, distance covered, cadence, and calories
The Garmin forerunner 235 is a runner’s best friend. With the option to upload customised training plans, you can take charge of your training. Heart rate monitoring is accurate, non-invasive, and provides useful metrics – helping to amp up your training to the next level.
24. Running armband for iPhone
- Skin-friendly and sweatproof
- Convenient pocket for cash, bank cards, and keys
- Plug-in headphones to listen to music easily
- Reflective design for increased visibility
There’s nothing more annoying and anxiety-inducing than running while holding your phone. A running armband solves this problem, not only providing a safe space to hold your phone, but also holding other items such as cash, keys, or bank cards. Armbands are particularly useful when running in the rain – keeping your device dry while still getting in a great run.
25. North: Finding my way while running the Appalachian Trail by Scott Jurek book
Scott Jurek’s second book, North, details his journey across the Appalachian trail – a seven-week straight adventure across the entire length of the United States. Jurek had to hike, run, and stumble his way to 50 miles on average per day, tackling unseen mental toughness, will, and determination.
26. Running mug: “I run because punching people is frowned upon”
There’s no better Christmas gift for runners than a comedy mug. The “I run because punching people is frowned upon” mug deserves its place on the shelf, most likely next to the “keep calm and drink coffee” mug we all seem to own.
27. “Never give up” race medal hanger
- Inspiring gift
- Easy installation and secure design
Do you know of a runner who has countless medals and nowhere to hang them? The “never give up” race medal hanger is not only practical but motivational, too. Not to mention super easy to install and secure.
28. Apple Airpods (3rd generation)
- Contoured design for a comfortable fit
- 6 hours of playback on a single charge and 30 with the charging case
- Sweat and water-resistant
- Effortless integration with smart devices
The Apple Airpods are a great alternative to other, perhaps more running-focused headphones. Equally as good for the office as they are sports, the AirPods are an excellent running gift for those who live an active lifestyle, commute daily, or just love listening to music.
29. Runderwear – performance men’s running boxer shorts
- Chafe-free underwear
- Increased comfort and enhanced performance
- Multi-award-winning design
Runderwear is the original high-performance underwear for runners and athletes alike. The technology is seamless, enhancing comfort, eliminating chafing, and improving performance. Throw away your old briefs and opt for a pair of Runderwear briefs for a new level of comfort you’re yet to experience.
30. Runderwear – women’s running briefs (2 pack)
- Elasticated fabric for added support
- Chafe-free and multi-award-winning design
- Increased comfort and enhanced performance
The women’s Runderwear utilise elasticated fabric for added support, not to mention the chafe-free, multi-awarding design. Opt for comfort and take your running to the next level, chafe-free.
31. NordicTrack commercial studio cycle S10i
- Includes a 1-year family subscription to iFit (live studio and global workouts worth £349)
- 22 resistance levels & automatic incline and decline capabilities
- Silent Magnetic Resistance provides a quiet cycling experience
- Comes with a free set of dumbells for follow-along workouts
Nothing says Merry Christmas quite like the latest NordicTrack studio cycle bike, right? With access to global workouts and automatic incline and decline adjustment, there’s never been a better time to exercise inside. You can even cycle through realistic and breathtaking locations on the interactive HD touchscreen display.
32. LED Lenser rechargeable head torch
- USB rechargeable
- 300 lumens of brightness
- 160m beam range
Staying safe when running at night is paramount, alongside being able to see where you’re running. The LED Lenser rechargeable headtorch provides 300 lumens of brightness with a 160m beam range – increased visibility for both yourself and other road users.
33. Racerback sports bra for women
- Pack of 3
- Breathable fabric
- Wider straps and no rim design for added comfort
Comfort is king when it comes to running – that’s why the racerback sports bra utilises breathable fabric and wide straps for added comfort. Wear by itself or under a t-shirt based on personal preference for the added support when running.
34. Run fast, cook fast, eat slow running cookbook
Chef Elyse Kopecky and Olympic runner, Shalane Flanagan joined forces to create the New York Times best-selling cookbook for runners. Run fast, cook fast, eat slow contains healthy and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, not to mention that post-run snack.
35. Danish endurance running socks (3 pack)
- Ideal for long distances
- Recommended by an Olympic athlete
- Choice of three colours
- Sweat-wicking, increased ventilation, and reduced blisters
Endorsed by Olympian Stina Troest, the Danish endurance running socks are ideal for long distances. The sweat-wicking properties increase ventilation, comfort, and reduce blisters – what more do you want from a pair of running socks?
36. Rockay performance running tights
- Sweat-wicking and quick-drying design
- Zipped right side pocket (can fit a smartphone)
- HeiQ Fresh odour control technology
Created for those who want to go fast, the performance winter running tights by Rockay are your go-to training partner for peak performance. The sweat-wicking and HeiQ fresh odour control technology helps you remain comfortable, whether you’re running three miles or an intense tempo run. You also benefit from several reflective details when running in low visibility conditions.
37. Keep calm and go running mug
There’s nothing better than a hot cup of tea after a long-run, especially in the “keep calm and go running mug.” A great Christmas gift for any runner, and an extension to their no doubt extensive collection of cups, mugs, and glasses.
38. Yoga mat
- 4mm thickness
- Grippy non-slip texture for increased traction
- Choice of six designs
To become a better runner, you need to do more than run. Consider adding yoga, strength training, stretching, and core exercises to your routine. These will improve strength, flexibility, speed, but most importantly, will reduce your risk of injury. A yoga mat is a must for these exercises, protecting your back and improving comfort on each exercise.
39. Body Glide anti-chafe balm stick
- Protects skin from chafing – essential when running longer distances
- Invisible, non-invasive barrier between the skin
Chafing is common in runners – this is where fabric creates friction with the skin. This can be painful and also cause bleeding, creating general discomfort. The Body glide anti-chafe balm stick protects the skin from chafing, creating an invisible, non-invasive barrier between the skin.
40. Personalised trainer tags
- Identify your trainers with personalised tags
Why not surprise your runner friend with personalized trainer tags this Christmas? Inscribe motivational or meaningful messages, creating a distinguishable and unique look.
41. Breville blender and smoothie maker
- Contains two 600ml attachable bottles
- Leakproof lid
- Powerful 300W design can crush ice and make delicious smoothies
If you have a friend or partner who loves running and all things active, then you’ll struggle to find a better running Christmas present than the Breville blender and smoothie maker. Affordable and loved by thousands already, it’s a great gift for that extra health kick come the new year.
42. Karrimor wrist wallet
- Large zipped pocket
- Bright contrasting trim for increased visibility
The Karrimor wrist wallet comfortably fits around the wrist, providing a convenient, safe large zipped pocket for essentials, e.g. money and loose change, bank cards, and keys. Oh, and it’s a lot smaller than a belt, too!
43. Jabra Elite 75t wireless earphones
- Long battery life (15 hours battery life)
- Water and sweat-resistant
- Wireless charging case
- Secure fit
- Touch controls
The Jabra Elite wireless earphones are a go-to choice for many runners. Water and sweat-resistant and a secure fit with a choice of three ear gels, few earphones can compete, especially for those who live an active lifestyle. The long battery life and portable charging case are a nice addition, great for travelling or race weekends away.
44. Light blue temperature-controlled running water bottle
- Made with recycled materials
- Temperature controlled and insulated design
- Convenient attachment handle
Insulated water bottles are currently all the rage. However, this water bottle from Rockay is not only temperature controlled (keeping cold drinks cold for up to 24-hours and hot drinks for up to 8-hours) but is also made using recycled materials. While the bottle may not be the best to carry for those longer runs, it is a great option for daily use and trackside for workouts.
You can also read our full review on the Rockay Norrebro running water bottle.
45. Sports shoe deodorizer
- Eliminate nasty odour from your running shoes
- Pet safe
We all know a runner whose appalling shoe smell follows them around. The sports shoe deodoriser eliminates nasty odour from running shoes. Simply insert the deodoriser and let it work its magic, absorbing nasty bacteria and purifying the air.
46. Emergency medical bracelet
- Emergency contact number easily accessible
- Medical conditions on display, in case of an emergency
You can never be too safe while out running, day or night. Whether you have pre-existing medical conditions or not, the emergency medical bracelet is convenient and potentially life-saving. Inscribe emergency contact numbers and conditions/allergies should anything happen to you, enabling you to receive the best support possible.
47. Running with the Kenyans running book
Adharanand Finn, after years of watching Kenyan runners dominate the world’s toughest endurance races, travelled to Kenya to investigate the secrets of the fastest people on earth. In this true and informative adventure, Finn trains for the Lewa marathon with a Kenyan training group, living and training in a completely new way from his traditional method.
48. Unisex Buff high-UV running cap
- Reflective logo for increased visibility
- UPF 50 + (97% UV protection)
- Adjustable drawstring for optimal fit
Buff are globally recognised for their bandana-like apparel. However, they also make high-UV blocking running caps – great for running during the peak of summer. If you find yourself running at night, you’ll also benefit from the reflective logo, providing further increased visibility.
49. Fitbit inspire 2 health & fitness tracker
- All-day activity tracking
- Automatic exercise recognition
- Daily step and calorie counter
- Includes one year of Fitbit premium for free
The Fitbit inspire is competitively priced, providing automatic exercise recognition and other basic metrics intended for health-conscious individuals or athletes. You also benefit from 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep scores, and more to meet your lifestyle and training goals.
50. Buff unisex slouchy Merino wool hat for runners
- Choice of five colours
- Merino wool
- Universal fit
With winter fast approaching, a warm running hat is a must. This hat from buff is created using Merino wool for a warm and comfortable fit, even when battling the toughest elements.
51. Comedy mug for runners
- Approximate 330ml capacity
- Two-tone glossy design
- Guaranteed to make any runner or cyclist smile
Most runners and cyclists use an app called “Strava” to record or log their training runs and races. The mug is a reference to the platform, a running joke within the Strava community, sure to make any runner or cyclist smile.
52. Rockay running belt
- Choice of two colours (midnight black or forest green)
- Adjustable fit reduces bouncing and irritation when running
- Central zip pocket and side pocket design
Whether running ultra-distance races or looking for a secure way to hold a smartphone while running, the Rockay running belt certainly does the trick. With a dedicated smartphone pocket and an adjustable fit, you can run comfortable and remain focused while carrying a waterproof jacket, emergency food, cash, or other items.
53. Compeed anti-blister stick
- Helps prevent blisters from forming
- Compact – easily fits in your pocket and convenient for travelling
A common problem for many runners is blisters. Whether you’re breaking in a pair of new shoes, increasing your training load, or running long distances, blisters are somewhat inevitable – they’re a part of the sport. However, the Compeed anti-blister stick applies a protective layer to the skin, helping to prevent blisters from forming. The stick also protects against chafing – another uncomfortable and common problem for runners.
54. Rise and Run: Recipes, rituals and runs to fuel your day: A cookbook
The latest running cookbook from Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky contains numerous delicious and healthy recipes to fuel your running. Rise & Run mainly focuses on breakfast foods and nutritious snacks, from classic variations of oats to Superhero muffins and brunch power salads.
55. Theragun mini (4th generation) deep tissue massage
- Quiet for any setting
- 150-minute battery life
- Choice of three speeds
Regular massage guns are sometimes a little too big and clunky, especially if you’re travelling. The Theragun mini is a compact deep tissue massage gun with three speeds for effective muscle and pain relief. Use before a workout as a warmup or after exercise to cool down, reducing your risk of injury and decreasing your recovery time.
56. AfterShokz Aeropex running headphones (bone conduction)
- IP67 waterproof design
- Up to eight hours of battery life on a single charge
- Bone conduction design increases safety and awareness when running
The AfterShokz Aeropex running headphones utilise an over-ear bone conduction design. This makes these headphones an ideal running gift for runners and cyclists, allowing you to listen to music or a podcast while remaining safe. You also benefit from a sweat and waterproof design, making these an excellent choice for all weather conditions.
57. Rockay compression running socks
- Odour free
- Anti-blister and increased cushioning for added performance
- Increased blood flow for optimal recovery
- Made from 100% recycled materials
What better Christmas gift than a pair of socks? Not only are they warm, but you’ll receive performance benefits, including reduced recovery time between runs or workouts. You’re also supporting the environment at the same time, thanks to their 100% recycled design.
To read our full review on the Rockay Vigor compression running socks, click here.
58. Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% 2
- ZoomX midsole contains the most responsive foam out there
- Curved carbon fibre plate propels you forward and encourages proper running form
- Wide toe box
If you know a serious runner, then you also know they love their shoes. Well, why not add another to the collection? The Nike ZoomX Vaporfly is the best there is, utilising a full-length carbon fibre plate and the most responsive foam and cushioning yet, best suited for racing, tempo runs, and interval sessions.
59. Garmin Forerunner 945 running and triathlon smartwatch
- Running & triathlon smartwatch
- Garmin pay & music compatible with your favourite streaming services
- Full-colour onboard maps
- Tracks various advanced metrics
Second to last, we have the Garmin Forerunner 945 running and triathlon smartwatch. With various features and metrics spanning across all three sports – running, cycling, and swimming, it’s a must-buy running gift for those who can’t quite get enough of the aerobic suffering.
60. Reebok Jet 300 treadmill
- Maximum speed of 12 mph (20kph)
- 15 incline options
- Built-in speakers and cooling fan
- Up to twenty-five-year warranty
The Reebok Jet 300 treadmill is the ultimate gift for runners this Christmas. With fewer people going to gyms and exercising from home the new norm, you’ll never miss a training session, rain, shine, or pandemic. You’ll also benefit from twenty-five built-in training programs for all abilities.
For more gift ideas, including more personalised gifts, you can check out our recent post on the best thoughtful gifts for runners, too.
Matthew is an avid runner, freelance writer, Durham University graduate, and the founder of Running101.